Sunday, October 9, 2011

Health Care -- A good investment?

I was at a famous hospital (in Blore) for a lot of time last 2 weeks.
Have been frequenting there and visiting doctors for some health issues.

Couldn't believe the rush......costs of blood tests, xrays have grown...no complaints
Consultations fees of doctors in OPD go close to 300 Rs for a couple of minutes...
Credit cards get swiped one after the other...people are in queue waiting to pay.....drawers full of cash...500 Rs notes seem so little .....wads and wads of them....

Made me wonder....shouldn't health care stocks be on everyone's radar?

Just like when I got hit by a bolt of lightening when I realized the kind of money made by titan (tanishq).
Its the same bolt now.....I think I made a good decision by buying Titan... unless gold goes to such high levels that people stop buying...
Will it happen in India? Could be ....one never knows.

Going forward...people will still make families...and with growing income people will go to hospitals
And the way the hospitals are charging..they will break even and make profits...

Health care stocks now are appealing to me....something like Fortis HealthCare.

I will hope some schools (not everonn/educomp) come in IPOs ...they are minting money and will be a good investment.....

Till then..I will look @ Fortis Health Care a bit more closely.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment